Looking for technical help? You can find support for basic technical support here.
Find answers to technical questions. For general support, visit our FAQ list.
If you still don’t find what you are looking for, you can contact customer care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any specific questions or concerns you may have.
- Can I use other wireless broadband devices to connect with wi-tribe?
- answer: Unfortunately, you cannot use devices other than the one(s) provided by wi-tribe.
- Can I use third party wireless routers or access points with my wi-tribe device to get Wi-Fi connectivity?
- answer: Yes, you can use any third party router/access point to enjoy wi-fi connectivity on your wi-tribe device
- Can I use wi-tribe services on all operating systems?
- answer: wi-tribe’s Desktop, Wi-Fi and outdoor CPEs work on all operating systems. However, the wi-tribe USB dongle only works with 32-bit windows operating system. Also, the wi-tribe Pocket Modem requires Service Pack 3 for use in windows XP.
- Can I run services like remote desktop/IP cameras/DVRs/FTP and Windows Exchange servers using my wi-tribe connection?
- answer: Yes, you can run all these service through simple port forwarding procedure on your CPE.
- Does wi-tribe provide facilities such as email / web hosting?
- answer: Sorry, wi-tribe does not currently offer these facilities.
- Can wi-tribe provide me with email services such as SMTP and POP?
- answer: Currently, we do not offer SMTP services or POP hosting. However, you may use your own SMTP server over the wi-tribe network. In case you face email issues, please contact your mail server provider for assistance.
- Can I have a pool of IP addresses to use with my wi-tribe account?
- answer: Unfortunately, wi-tribe is not providing IP address pools to customers at the moment. However, you can acquire a single static IP (PKR 300 per month). Please contact customer care for details.
- Can I provide a WAN IP directly to my computer if I am using wi-tribe services?
- answer: WAN IPs are assigned directly to wi-tribe devices, not the computer being used. If you want to run some application using a WAN IP, you can use port forwarding. Please contact customer care for help setting up port forwarding
- What is the minimum signal strength my wi-tribe device should have for using the internet?
- answer: Atleast two stable signals are recommended for trouble free browsing on wi-tribe devices. If you are using a wi-tribe USB dongle, your connection manager should show at least 40% signal strength.
- How can I advertise my website through wi-tribe services?
- answer: Yes, you can use port forwarding to run your own webserver.